Saturday, June 13, 2009

Saturday at Home

It's so nice to be at home on a Saturday. I can't begin to tell you HOW many Saturday's I've spent in hospital. It's nice to be here.

Feels much better to be mostly productive. I sorted my kitchen (I spend enough time in it!) and got rid of PILES of clutter from the drawers and cupboards. Feels good to get 2 full garbage bags of stuff OUT. Bedroom is next. You know all those clothes that I keep intending to get into? To hell with them. I DON'T fit them. And when I DO fit them, I will buy some things that are utterly flattering and don't hide this shell that houses me. It's all just STUFF. I don't need any of it.

Started to get the garden in. However, the sun and physical work got the better of me. I began to shake, and that 'oh dear I'm going to fall down' feeling hit me, I was flushed and ITCHY! So, decked out in my white doctor's lab coat (when I was training to be a Homeopath) that now serves me with it's deep pockets and white reflective whiteness, my dilly hat (from the Winnipeg Folk Festival) and my $400 running shoes with insoles (hey, gotta be comfortable)...the girls and I began putting in the garden. Green and purple runner beans, zucchini's, tomatoes (variations...even though I can't eat them), purple basil, cabbage, english cucumbers, chives and cauliflowers are now in. Lots to put in yet. But, what a good day to begin getting it in.

So thank you.

If possible, please keep my good friend Dawn and her daughter's in your thoughts today. Their community is reeling from the untimely death of a school friend. Fourteen is too young.

1 comment:

Carla (Choosing His Joy) said...

I can change your blog look if you want--tell me what you like (what color, what style, with pictures or without) and I will try to create some for you to see. If you like one, then let me know and we can put it on your blog for you! The three column one is a hard, I'll have to see if i can repeat that one. My friend helped me with it. Two columns with a different font, color, and header is a lot easier!

(((Hugs)))