Thursday, February 12, 2009

My knee surgery went well. But, I'm not feeling so hot, post-anesthetic. Keep getting a rancid headache and need to puke. This itching that I'm feeling isn't just under my skin either...I'm all blotchy and red.

I'm tired of this.

Am seeing Dr. Vas. next week. That's not his real name, but that's what he goes by because his surname is so long and complicated. Apparently, he's the only doctor in Canada that might be able to help me? It'll be interesting GETTING to Toronto on 3 days of no meds. Not sure what tests he'll be doing, but he'll be doing something...ergo, no meds/anti-histamines.

My Immunologist has written out some sort of protocol/letter so that I don't run into the 'are you sure you don't have anxiety?' issues with the hospital again. He says he's not surprised, but hopefully this'll help. I hope so too. Nothing like being treated like a nutbar...

1 comment:

Foxxy One said...

Glad the surgery went well. I just found your blog (googled mastocytosis) and hope this doctor is able to help you.