Friday, October 24, 2008

Bone Marrow Biopsy


It's been a while since I've posted. Haven't been feeling so hot.

Had a bone marrow biopsy done yesterday. The nurse told me right before, "don't worry, it's not as bad as people say" and then following the procedure said to me (with tears in her eyes), "I'm so sorry, I feel like I've lied to you, that was awful for you..." Apparently not all bone marrow biopsies go this badly. Although the doctor got what he needed, so it was ok by all counts. Hope I don't have to do this again. I'd be a liar if I said it didn't hurt like hell. My husband said hearing my muffled (face in the pillow) screams down the hall was really hard.
For me the worst is over. The test itself was the thing I was worried about the most. Not the results.

Will I/Do I have excessive numbers of mast cells in my bone marrow? I don't really care. I know how I feel.

No comments: